Reservation Terms & Conditions:
Valid from 01.05.2022 All previous terms and conditions are no longer valid
Dear friends of the Apartments De Luxe**** Schluga, dear guests,
§ 1 Cancellation - Withdrawal from the accommodation contract
Because of the current Corona-Situation we adapted our terms and condition as follows:
In case of a lockdown at the time of arrival within your country, or our country - a cancelation of your holiday is FREE of charge.
(1) Bookings with a date of stay from 08.01. up to 01.07. and from 05.09. up to 20.12.:
The accommodation contract may be cancelled by either contracting party by means of a unilateral declaration no later than 14 days before the agreed date of stay of the guest without payment of a cancellation fee. The cancellation declaration must be in the hands of the contracting party at the latest 14 days before the agreed date of stay of the guest. In this case the deposit will be refunded minus 30,00 Euros handling charges. In case of cancellation 13 days or less before the agreed date of stay, the guest must pay a cancellation fee of 100% of the value of the holiday stay.
(2) Bookings with a date of stay from 01.07. up to 05.09. and 20.12. up to 08.01.:
Up to 31 days before the agreed date of stay of the guest at the latest, the accommodation contract can be cancelled by both contracting parties by unilateral declaration without payment of a cancellation fee. The cancellation declaration must be in the hands of the contracting party at the latest 31 days before the agreed date of stay the guest. In this case the deposit will be refunded minus 30,00 Euros handling charges.
In case of cancellation 30 days or less before the agreed date of stay, the guest must pay a cancellation fee of 100% of the value of the holiday stay.
(3) In case of a booking under the special conditions "Non refundable", the full amount of the accommodation costs will always be charged and a free cancellation is not possible in this case. The accommodation costs are due on the day of booking and cannot be refunded.
(4) Even if the guest does not make use of the booked rooms or departs earlier, he/she shall be obliged to pay the accommodation provider the agreed full amount.
§ 2 Contractual partner
(1) In case of doubt, the Party of the Proprietor shall be deemed to be the Customer, even if he has ordered or co-ordered for other named persons.
(2) Persons making use of the accommodation are guests within the meaning of the terms of the contract.
§ 3 Conclusion of contract, deposit
(1) The accommodation contract shall be concluded exclusively by the acceptance of the guest's written order by the accommodation provider. Verbal subsidiary agreements, in particular on location and furnishings, shall not be valid.
(2) It shall be agreed that the guest makes a deposit or places a credit card on deposit to guarantee the booking. Only in this way a valid booking will be made.
(3) The accommodation provider may also demand advance payment of the entire agreed fee.
§ 4 Start and end of accommodation
(1) The guest has the right to enter the rented rooms from 4:00 p.m. of the agreed day.
(2) The accommodation provider has the right to withdraw from the contract if the guest does not appear by 6:00 p.m. on the agreed day of arrival, unless a later time of arrival has been announced.
(3) If the guest has paid a deposit or deposited a valid credit card on the other hand, the apartment shall remain reserved until 10:00 a.m. of the following day at the latest.
(4) If a room is used for the first time before 6:00 a.m., the previous night shall count as the first overnight stay.
(5) The rented rooms must be vacated by the guest by 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
§ 5 Provision of replacement accommodation
(1) The accommodation provider may provide the guest with adequate substitute accommodation if this is reasonable for the guest, especially because the deviation is minor and objectively justified.
(2) An objective justification is given, for example, if the room(s) have become unusable, guests already accommodated extend their stay or other important operational measures necessitate this step.
(3) Any additional expenses for the substitute accommodation shall be borne by the accommodation provider.
§ 6 Rights of the guest
(1) By concluding an accommodation contract, the guest acquires the right to the usual use of the rented rooms, the facilities of the accommodation establishment which are usually and without special conditions accessible to the guests for use, and to the usual service.
(2) The guest has the right to enter the rented rooms from 4:00 p.m. on the agreed day.
§ 7 Duties of the guest
(1) Upon termination of the accommodation contract, the agreed remuneration must be paid.
(2) In case of violations of the house rules, in particular repeated disturbance of the night's rest after 10:00 p.m. as well as damage to company property, the accommodation provider reserves the right to terminate the contract. However, the entire fee for the stay must be paid. Compensation for damages must be paid.
(3) The accommodation provider's consent must be obtained before electrical devices which are brought by the guests and which do not belong to the usual travel requirements are put into operation.
(4) The regulations of the law on damages shall apply to any damage caused by the guest. Therefore, the guest remains liable for any damage and disadvantage suffered by the accommodation provider or third parties due to his/her fault or due to the fault of his/her companions or other persons for whom he/she is responsible, even if the injured party is entitled to claim compensation directly from the accommodation provider.
§ 8 Rights of the proprietor
(1) If the guest refuses to pay the agreed remuneration or is in arrears with it, the proprietor of the accommodation establishment shall be entitled to retain the items brought in by the guest in order to secure his claim arising from the accommodation and catering as well as his expenses for the guest (§ 970 c ABGB statutory right of retention).
(2) The accommodation provider shall have the right of lien on the objects brought in by the guest to secure the agreed remuneration. (§ 1101 ABGB statutory lien of the accommodation provider).
§ 9 Duties of the proprietor
(1) The accommodation provider shall be obliged to provide the agreed services to an extent corresponding to the standard.
§ 10 Keeping of animals
(1) Animals may only be brought into the accommodation establishment after prior authorisation and, if necessary, against special remuneration.
(2) Dogs must always be kept on a leash. They may be taken to the beach bar, but not onto the sunbathing lawn directly in front of the beach or into the water at the bathing beach. The sunbathing lawn for dogs is directly adjacent and signposted.
(3) The guest shall be liable for any damage caused by animals brought along in accordance with the legal regulations applicable to animal owners (§ 1320 ABGB).
§ 11 Extension of the accommodation
An extension of the stay by the guest requires the consent of the accommodation provider.
§ 12 Termination of accommodation
(1) If the accommodation contract was agreed upon for a certain period of time, it shall end at 10:00 a.m. of the agreed day. If the guest departs prematurely, the accommodation provider shall be entitled to demand the full agreed remuneration.
(2) If the guest does not clear his/her apartment by 12:00 noon, the accommodation provider shall be entitled to charge the apartment rate for another day.
(3) The accommodation provider is entitled to terminate the accommodation contract with immediate effect if the guest
a) makes a considerably disadvantageous use of the rooms or by his inconsiderate, offensive or otherwise grossly unseemly behaviour discomforts the other residents to live together or is guilty of a punishable offence against property, morality or physical safety towards the accommodation provider and his staff or a person living in the accommodation establishment;
b) is afflicted with a contagious disease or a disease exceeding the duration of the accommodation or is in need of care;
(c) fails to pay the bill presented to him or her within a reasonable time after being requested to do so;
d) in case of violations of the house rules, in particular repeated disturbance of the night's rest after 10:00 p.m. as well as damage to company property, the proprietor reserves the right to unilaterally terminate the accommodation agreement. However, the entire remuneration for the stay must be paid; damages must be paid.
(4) If the fulfillment of the contract becomes impossible due to an event to be considered as force majeure, the contract shall be terminated.
§ 13 Trip interruption and cancellation insurance
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance to cover costs in case of accident or illness. Failure to commence the stay and early departure in no way release the guest from full payment of the agreed fee.
§ 14 Place of performance and jurisdiction
(1) The place of performance is Hermagor-Pressegger See.
(2) The place of jurisdiction for all disputes is Hermagor.
It is pointed out that you can pay your hotel bill as follows:
- Bank transfer in advance
- Bankomat or EC card (debit card)
- VISA Card
Subject to change!